This is a job listing for Alice Paul House
About Alice Paul House
Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime, and juvenile offenders.
Direct Service Assistant – Full Time
This position is a mid-management position that reports to the Direct Service Coordinator and will work in tandem with the Victim Advocate Coordinator, Counselor Coordinator, Administrative Coordinator, and the Fiscal Coordinator of the Alice Paul House. The expectation is to oversee the 24-hour, day-to-day operations of the shelter, building and ground maintenance, and provide legal and medical advocacy to the shelter residents with the shelter being the hub of the activity. This position requires the employee to be available during non-business hours and weekends to provide crisis intervention to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crimes, and juvenile offenders via in-person advocacy and the 24-hour hotline, as well light housekeeping, data entry, and inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology proficient, with the ability to work with MS Office suite of programs expected.
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Certification in the 80-hour domestic violence and sexual assault counselor/advocate training required by PCADV and PCAR
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean DMV record, and reliable method of transportation
- Must have clear PA State Police, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- Sensitivity to Victims’ issues and needs, including the ability to understand and follow all regulatory requirements regarding safety and confidentiality of clients
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
- Supervisory experience desired.
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael
Deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020
View All Job Listings