This is a job listing for Safe Berks
Job Type: Full-time
Position Title: Community Outreach and Response Specialist
Core Hours: Core business hours are 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., but the position requires flexibility and work in the evenings and on weekends based on client needs.
Supervisor: Managing Director of Community Engagement
Department: Community Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: Professional Exemption
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $45,000-$48,000
Last Updated: 11/1/2021
The Community Outreach and Response Specialist provides support and referral services to survivors of interpersonal violence and sexual assault at various satellite offices throughout Berks County. Facilitating and co-facilitating prevention and awareness programing and education will be required as needed. This position is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with all current community partners, as well as, creating new community partnerships while promoting Safe Berks support services throughout Berks County. This position must maintain a flexible schedule and will be required to travel throughout the county in support of the Safe Berks mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Provide confidential direct support services to survivors of interpersonal violence and sexual assault.
- Assist individuals in developing empowerment skills through education and self-advocacy.
- Provide information and education regarding reporting options within the criminal justice system.
- Provide information and education regarding filing for protection orders and the civil court process.
- Provide short-term empowerment counseling and safety planning services.
- Coordinate and connect individuals to other Safe Berks services and/or community resources.
- Act as a liaison between Safe Berks, Humane PA, and Animal Rescue League in order to supply survivor pet owners with their current pet needs and/or supplies.
- Attend and table prevention and awareness events and activities as scheduled by satellite offices or Safe Berks community partners including those occurring during non-traditional work hours.
- Build and maintain current Safe Berks partnerships and assist in creating new partnerships within the Berks County Community.
- Canvas for potential community partnerships to assist in removing barriers for rural or marginalized individuals.
- Schedule and attend meetings with potential community partners.
- Maintain record keeping relevant to program services.
- Attend staff meetings and maintain annual training requirements as mandated by funding sources.
- Understand and generate statistical data to show outcomes of the programming.
- All other duties as determined by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or physical or other abilities required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Crisis intervention skills
- Ability to create and foster positive community relationships
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system
- Knowledge of the civil court system
- Ability to create and present engaging presentations and outreach materials
Employment Experience (amount and kind)
- One (1) to three (3) years of related experience in the human services field
Education (general level required or specific courses)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but can be substituted for Associate’s Degree with equivalent work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent degree required
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- Completion of a background check request, FBI, State Police, and Child Abuse Clearances obtained prior to employment through agency vendor
- Completion of 66-hour Sexual and Domestic Violence Training provided by agency
- Valid driver’s license and insurance are required to travel to client sites
View All Job Listings