Do you have a passion for social justice and improving systems’ responses to victims of domestic violence?
Are you someone who is invested in our vision that domestic violence can and must come to an end for the next generation?
If this describes you, please read on…
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) is dedicated to reducing, preventing, and educating the community about domestic violence. We are currently seeking a Community Engagement Specialist to assist Program Services. This position reports to the Housing Advocacy & Policy Manager.
The salary range for this position is $50-$60K.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (DEI) STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAFF
At PCADV, we embrace diversity and our collective strength. We believe in creating a community where systems support all so everyone can thrive. PCADV is committed to actively growing and developing in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion for all who serve within the organization. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all employees.
To sustain a culture of accountability to DEI, every PCADV employee is responsible for the following behaviors and values:
- Accountability – we improve our organizational culture by engaging in healthy and constructive feedback behaviors
- Celebrate – we acknowledge and celebrate our diversity through active understanding and respect. Everyone associated with PCADV is expected to engage in allyship behaviors, make connections, challenge stereotypes, and address incidents of unconscious bias
- Engage – we engage each other by providing tools for success, getting to know others, allowing others to grow, recognizing the efforts of others, and encouraging teamwork through reciprocity with acts of kindness. We center relationship building in our work as colleagues.
- Identifying challenges and problem-solving – we identify gaps in communication, foster an environment of open and direct communication without repercussion, allow others to be and feel heard, define boundaries for awareness and safety and seek solutions to problems big and small.
- Discovering – we commit to process discovery by highlighting opportunities, finding information, and measuring outcomes of organizational and team goals.
You will be responsible for:
- PROVIDING ongoing Technical Assistance to domestic violence programs on the development and implementation of trauma-informed and DV Housing – First-oriented housing services, especially landlord engagement, coordination with affordable housing providers and developers, and other community supports for Rapid Rehousing.
- TRACKING & ANALYZING data from member programs and statewide housing systems to identify gaps in service, informing PCADV’s housing strategy, regional and statewide needs, and support for member programs, specifically as it relates to community engagement.
- DEVELOPING & MAINTAINING resources specific to systemic responses to domestic violence and housing. Participate in the development of curricula, training tools, and written materials, including manuals, model policies, procedures and protocols, and white papers as identified in the strategic plan and by constituents.
- COLLABORATING with Managers and staff to develop and implement an annual Training and Technical Assistance (“TA”) Plan assuring the plan is aligned with PCADV’s strategic plan, state and national emerging issues, best practices, and the needs of PCADV constituents.
- PROVIDING training and TA to other stakeholders on housing policy and practices pertaining to domestic violence survivors. Facilitate collaboration among various stakeholders including building relationships that connect member programs to housing systems.
- DEVELOPING & IMPLEMENTING a landlord engagement strategy to support landlord relationships across the Commonwealth.
- ENGAGE with public housing authorities proactively and in response to support requests from member programs.
- COLLECTING & ANALYZING research related to low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) development focused on domestic violence survivors and develop a plan to support the implementation of LIHTC within interested communities across PA.
- REPRESENTING PCADV on various boards and task forces, as needed. Implement additional projects of service to member programs, as needed. Complete programmatic and grant reports, as required.
What qualifies me to be considered:
- Five years of relevant experience
- A 4-year degree OR a relevant combination of experience and education is required
- Prior experience working in a domestic violence program
- Specific experience with Rapid Rehousing, or other HUD Continuum of Care and/or Emergency Services Grant programs, Public Housing Authorities and Low-Income Tax Credit development strongly preferred
*Note: This position is mostly remote. Facilitation of some in-person responsibilities may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Documents formatted in MS Word, pdf, or Rich Text Format may be emailed to: email@example.com
PCADV Human Resources
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attention: Human Resources
PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence, to social justice and to working for social change.