This is a job listing for Safe Berks
Core Hours: 40 hours per week, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday with occasional evenings and weekends to meet departmental needs
Supervisor: Manager of Education and Outreach Programs
Department: Education and Outreach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: N/A
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $19.00/hour
The Community Educator provides education and information on issues surrounding domestic violence, sexual assault, healthy relationship development, and prevention to a wide variety of audiences. These audiences include school-age children from pre-school aged up to and including college students, camp participants, parents, and other community members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Provide classroom and virtual instruction to school-aged children using the Healthy Relationship Project Curriculum.
- Engage with parents to provide instruction on the Parent portion of the Healthy Relationship Project.
- Provide education and professional training to teachers, other school employees, and community members on topics related to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and the Healthy Relationship Project.
- Engage in community outreach to disseminate information regarding issues of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and topics related to the Healthy Relationship Project.
- Stay up to date on violence prevention strategies and media development.
- Research effective media outreach and curriculum adaptation strategies best suited to community needs in a virtual setting.
- Create media and videos for virtual community outreach as well as Safe Berks events.
- Assist in planning and facilitating Camp Safe Berks.
- Assist in planning and facilitating special events as requested.
- Provide prompt response to requests for Safe Berks education and informational materials to all sectors of the community.
- Maintain necessary record-keeping relevant to program services.
- All other duties as determined by the departmental supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Qualified candidates with bilingual Spanish/English speaking skills will be given preference in the interview process and is strongly preferred for all positions working in Residential Services
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Power Point, video production)
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work with children and youth
- Sensitivity to the rights of victims and survivors as well as issues of social oppression
Employment Experience (amount and kind)
- 1 to 3 years experience working in an educational setting, public relations, or human services field(s)
Education (general level required or specific courses)
- Associates degree in Education, Social Work, Gender Studies, or related Human Services subject preferred, but will consider preferred relevant employment experience in lieu of degree.
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- Completion of a background check request, FBI, State Police, and Child Abuse Clearances obtained prior to employment through agency vendor
- Completion of 66-hour Sexual and Domestic Violence Training provided by agency
- Valid driver’s license and insurance are required to travel to client sites
Those interested in applying can do so here.
View All Job Listings