This is a job listing for Blackburn Center
The Community Education Coordinator is responsible for teaching awareness programs about the mission and services of the agency to students. The Community Education Coordinator is also responsible for organizing Blackburn Center’s public relations, community education, and primary prevention programming. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Develops and presents informational and educational programs for the general public.
- Develops and presents in-service trainings for professionals in the community.
- Participates in the development and implementation of agency public relations strategies.
- Supports primary prevention programming across the county.
- Presents public awareness programs on domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault child sexual abuse, incest, and the services provided by the agency to the community.
- Provides training on diversity in the workplace.
- Supports the implementation of Crisis Intervention Counselor Training to staff and Volunteers.
- Associate’s Degree, preferably with some emphasis in public relations or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner to individuals and groups.
- Ability to manage time effectively and function both independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of primary prevention strategies is preferred.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Westmoreland County.
- Experience in program planning preferred.
- Knowledge of issues and dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other types of crime is preferred.
Please send a resume with a cover letter to:
Education/Outreach Program Manager
P.O. Box 398
Greensburg, PA 15601-0398
View All Job Listings