This is a job listing for YWCA Safe Home
YWCA Safe Home is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to providing direct services to victims of domestic violence and human trafficking in Adams and York Counties. Safe Home strives to empower clients to achieve their self-defined goals and to support their ability to obtain and maintain their personal safety. The Client Advocate Supervisor will participate in the overall management of a comprehensive program for victims of domestic violence in our Gettysburg office, including the direct supervision of three or more client advocates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, management, office administration, or other related discipline and/or 3-5 years’ experience managing/supervising professionals.
- Completion of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) training, upon hire.
- Must actively participate in ongoing training and continuing education as needed.
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and maintain a professional, respectful, and diverse workplace environment.
- Must be well organized and adept at staff management, record keeping, and time management.
- Must be an effective written and verbal communicator.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be familiar with community resources and knowledgeable about options available to victims and survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual assault.
- Must possess basic knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and other serious crimes and their impact on victims.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality, and to make appropriate decisions in crisis situations.
- Upon hire, must pass criminal background check.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
- May require driving in inclement weather.
- Must be able to meet clients after hours at office locations, hospitals, police stations, etc., as needed.
- Must be available to cover evening and weekend hours for 24-hour crisis hotline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage office workflow and advocate work products, delegating assignments and responsibilities, and maintaining Client Advocate schedules to ensure appropriate office coverage.
- Assess work performance and identifying areas that need improvement.
- Report performance records and evaluations to HR and senior management.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Set goals for employees and ensuring employees comply with organizational policies and mission.
- Monitor and ensuring that advocates meet initial and yearly training requirements.
- Approve time off and leave requests.
- Coordinate with the Client Advocate Supervisor for Safe Home’s Hanover office to ensure cohesive implementation of organizational goals, policies, and procedures across office locations.
- Provide coverage and back-up for Client Advocate Supervisor in Hanover.
- Oversee and monitor all on-call and after-hour services.
- Conduct client intake and follow-up interviews.
- Provide culturally competent and trauma-informed services to clients.
- Maintain client files.
- Attend weekly client case review and other agency related meetings such as Support Groups, Task Force meetings, etc., when necessary.
- Work collaboratively with Safe Home employees and partnering agencies for client services/ referrals.
- Provide support, accompaniment, and advocacy through the court system. Serve as a liaison with the legal system (i.e. attorneys, magistrates, police, probation, and judges).
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Protection from Abuse (PFAs) orders and the enforcement of such.
- Respond to community educational requests and participate in community education through public speaking as a Safe Home Representative and advocate.
- Responsible for co-planning, facilitating, and monitoring domestic violence events to include, but not limited to, Walk a Mile and Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Prepare monthly statistical, narrative, and other reports as directed.
- Complete and maintain required documentation in Efforts to Outcome (ETO) software, paper files, and internal databases.
- Attend all events, meetings, and community events as deemed appropriate by Assistant Director/Program Director/Executive Director.
- Other assigned duties related to VOCA funding, PCADV funding, or YWCA Hanover Management.
The starting salary for the position is $42,500.00.
Interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letter to Jamie Bonser at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ashli Stroud at email@example.com
View All Job Listings