This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 300 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers.
The Children’s Support Advocate provides direct service, advocacy and childcare to child/teen victims of domestic violence crimes. This position assists with identifying the counseling needs of the children who participate in the children’s program.
- Co-facilitates children’s support groups with the Children’s Counselor
- Designs internal structured programs for children in collaboration with Children’s Counselor
- Facilitates moms group
- Implements and practices Sanctuary Model
- Assists in training of WC&S staff regarding childhood trauma and development
- Assures JARS(Justice/Autonomy/Restoration/Safety) is utilized in all children’s department activities
- Creates and provides information and referrals resources for mothers pertaining to the needs of their children
- Provides case management to mothers and children
- Administers assessments to mothers to identify individual needs of the child(ren)
- Provides individual and group advocacy
- Provides ongoing childcare to clients
- Identifies needs of mothers for specific parenting issues
- Meets regularly with On-Site Services Program Manager to review, receive and prioritize tasks and discuss issues/problems in the children’s program
- Provides advocacy for school enrollment and attendance
- Documents and enters accurate client information and systems advocacy and submits data daily
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, child development or related field required
- Demonstrated ability to assess for behavioral and emotional issues
- Experience working with child mental health including spectrum disorders
- At least two years’ experience working with child/teen trauma
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work some evenings
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Act 33/34 clearances
Salary Grade: mid-$30,000s annually (plus excellent benefits). Non-Exempt Status.
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must send a cover letter and resume to Adrianne Laing at email@example.com by July 2nd, 2019.
View All Job Listings