This is a job listing for Women's Center of Beaver County
The Women’s Center is currently seeking qualified candidates to apply for a Children’s Counselor position opening. This is a non-exempt position working 32 hours per week with full-time equivalent benefits. Training and team supervision is provided. This is an excellent opportunity to work with children in a shelter and social services advocacy environment. The Women’s Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and committed to continually expanding the Center’s ability to provide culturally responsive services and a culturally responsive work environment.
EDCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, child development or related area required
- Experience counseling children and providing children’s educational activities preferred.
- Self-motivated, organizational skills, and ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Act 33/34 & FBI Clearance required.
- Provide crisis intervention and individual counseling to children who have witnessed domestic violence and children who have been sexually abused.
- Plan and facilitate children’s educational groups and family activities.
- Assist with shelter coverage one weekend each month.
- Participate in the rotating on-call schedule to provide a 24-hour accompaniment response for victims.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $15.38 an hour; 32 hours per week
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time; 11 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans with low employee contribution rate
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Mileage for off-site work
Submit a letter of interest and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
View All Job Listings