This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 300 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers.
The Children, Youth and Families Specialist provides consultation, outreach, and services to OCYF-involved families experiencing intimate partner violence (IPV).
- Work with OCYF
- Provide consultations to OCYF caseworkers and staff regarding families experiencing IPV.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with OCY caseworkers and supporting agency staff.
- Provide training to OCYF new and veteran caseworkers on the intersection of IPV and child welfare.
- Attend Conferencing and Teaming meetings with OCYF staff and their families experiencing IPV.
- Work with Families
- Provide culturally competent crisis intervention and supportive services to survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) and their children.
- Provide ongoing systems advocacy to the survivors of Family Violence within the Child Welfare System in Allegheny County.
- Utilize knowledge of provider agencies in Allegheny County to effectively coordinate WC&S services with other agencies to benefit families involved with OCYF.
- Provides consultation to WC&S staff regarding CYF-related issues for survivors receiving services at WC&S.
- Work with OCYF Provider Agencies
- Provide consultations and training to Allegheny County agencies providing services to OCYF families that have experienced Family Violence
- Data / Administrative
- Document and enter accurate client information and systems advocacy and submits data in a timely manner
- Meets weekly with the CYF Coordinator (and the Chief Program Officer) to review, receive and prioritize tasks and discuss case management and issues/problems related to the team’s caseload,
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Additional Requirements
- This position requires being available for regular on-call hours (including overnights, weekends, and holidays).
- This position will be co-located between WC&S and at least one CYF office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work/social sciences or related field (Master’s Degree preferred);
- 1-3 years in direct service in a human service agency, preferably working with IPV victims, perpetrators, or children;
- Sensitivity to issues related to IPV, Family Violence, and cultural diversity;
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Effective written and oral communication skills and active listening skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Windows, Outlook and Word and enthusiasm for entering data in a timely manner;
- Act 33/34 and FBI clearances
- Being bilingual is not mandatory but is a plus.
Salary Grade: Low- to Mid-$30,000s annually (plus excellent benefits), Non-Exempt Status
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
Applicants must send a cover letter and resume to Diane Allen at email@example.com by 6/28/2019.
View All Job Listings