Our Revolution Campaign
By the Center for Healthy Teen Relationships - an initiative of
the Idaho Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence
Our Revolution is for activists, advocates and allies working to end violence against women and girls. It was developed by youth, for youth. The purpose of the campaign is to facilitate a conversation among high school students about how to create compassionate communities without violence.
Our Revolution uses conversations as a way to engage young people as change agents in this movement and helps youth explore the role the movement can play in their lives. Holding these conversations can help youth make sense of their own experiences and understand the impact violence has had in their lives. By talking about these issues with their peers, teens realize that violence is not an individual problem, but one that affects their peers and their community as a whole.
Core beliefs include:
- Young people are the present and the future of our communities.
- Their attitudes and behaviors will shape future generations.
- Many youth are passionate about making the world a better place.
- Teens are disproportionately involved in and affected by abuse and violence.
- Violence can and must be prevented
- Facilitator Guide: Our Revolution: A Movement Building Conversation With Teens to End Violence Guide
- Teen Revolution Cards
- Free print material, vinyl clings and #OurRevolution Challenge
- Tips and information on TDV for youth
- Youth Activist’s Toolkit
- Our Revolution PCADV Review
PCADV's primary prevention team is available to provide ideas for implementation or a more detailed review. Contact the prevention team at 1-800-932-4632.54.33 K | 9/29/2016
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.