On Becoming a Muse
by Hardy Girls Healthy Women
On Becoming a Muse should be used with the Hardy Girls Healthy Women curriculum, From Adversaries to Allies, and is an excellent resource for anyone who works with groups of girls.
The guide identifies six core skills that will help someone build and improve facilitation skills, and support them in their role as a muse to girls.
It also offers a basic understanding of group process and dynamics. Finally, the guide provides some common language and expectations that are important to HGHW programs.
Background of Hardy Girls Healthy Women
Hardy Girls Healthy Women (HGHW) is a national organization focused on the health and safety of girls and women. Their goal is for all girls and women to experience equality, independence, and safety in their everyday lives.
HGHW believes in the importance of developing “hardiness” - a health psychology concept. It is a form of resilience that focuses on the kinds of relationships and communities that girls need to be able to grow and thrive. HGHW provides strength-based programs for girls from 2nd-12th grade.
At the heart of this work is the view that girls can be loyal and compassionate to each other and that they can understand and question stereotypes and media messages that divide them. Another view is, given a chance, girls will choose to support rather than criticize each other.
- PCADV Becoming a Muse Review
PCADV's primary prevention team is available to provide ideas for implementation or a more detailed review. Contact our prevention team at 1-800-932-4632.52.38 K | 3/27/2013
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
- EMB - Engaging Men & Boys
- SB - School-based
- Y- Youth
- Agent of Change (SB, Y)
- Beat the Punch (SB)
- Break The Cycle - Respect WORKS! (SB)
- Coaching Boys Into Men (EMB,SB,Y)
- Days of Respect: Organizing a School-Wide Prevention Annual Event (SB,Y)
- Expect Respect (SB,Y)
- Exploring Dimensions of Masculinity & Violence (EMB,Y)
- From Adversaries to Allies: A Curriculum for Change (EMB,Y)
- How's Your Relationship? (Y)
- I Can Make My World A Safer Place (Y)
- Jewish Women International Curricula for Boys & Girls (EMB,SB,Y)
- On Becoming A Muse (SB,Y)
- Red Flag Campaign (SB)
- Shifting Boundaries (SB)
- Stand4Respect (Y)
- Start Strong (SB, Y)
- Ugly Ducklings (SB)
- Young Men's Work (EMB,Y)
- Young Women's Lives (SB,Y)
- White Ribbon Campaign (EMB,SB)