Agent of Change
By We End Violence
Agent of Change uses an online game to put students in situations where they think about how violence impacts their daily lives. Players interact with digital characters in situations that might occur in a college setting.
In each three-minute to five-minute scene, the player takes part in conversations with digital characters about:
- Sexual assault
- Relationship violence
- Sexual harassment
During conversations, the player makes choices about what to say and how to respond to other digital characters. As players make their choices, the digital characters respond to them by:
- Supporting their choice
- Modeling better responses
- Challenging their choice
As players move through the game, they are placed onto a path that is equal to their knowledge about violence prevention. This allows players to learn, develop, and practice the skills needed to prevent violence before it happens.
The game uses evidence-informed approaches from the field of violence prevention like:
- Myth acceptance
- Norms challenging
- Motivational interviewing
- Feminist and social norms theory
- Bystander intervention
Agent of Change pairs with educational materials and programs from We End Violence that help continue the work beyond the online game.
PCADV's primary prevention team is available to provide ideas for implementation or a more detailed review. Contact the prevention team at 1-800-932-4632.
- PCADV Review: Agent of Change49.75 K | 2/25/2014
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
Share our message
Keep Up with our News and Events
- EMB - Engaging Men & Boys
- SB - School-based
- Y- Youth
- Agent of Change (SB, Y)
- Beat the Punch (SB)
- Break The Cycle - Respect WORKS! (SB)
- Coaching Boys Into Men (EMB,SB,Y)
- Days of Respect: Organizing a School-Wide Prevention Annual Event (SB,Y)
- Expect Respect (SB,Y)
- Exploring Dimensions of Masculinity & Violence (EMB,Y)
- From Adversaries to Allies: A Curriculum for Change (EMB,Y)
- How's Your Relationship? (Y)
- I Can Make My World A Safer Place (Y)
- Jewish Women International Curricula for Boys & Girls (EMB,SB,Y)
- On Becoming A Muse (SB,Y)
- Red Flag Campaign (SB)
- Shifting Boundaries (SB)
- Stand4Respect (Y)
- Start Strong (SB, Y)
- Ugly Ducklings (SB)
- Young Men's Work (EMB,Y)
- Young Women's Lives (SB,Y)
- White Ribbon Campaign (EMB,SB)