10 Ways to Support Our Work
The first National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, released on December 14, 2011, reveals the alarming magnitude of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and dating violence in America.
Among states, Pennsylvania tied for 15th place for women, and ranked 25th place for men, in the lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner.
This is why we need your help.
10 Ways To Support Our Work
- Call the police when you see or hear domestic violence. Your call can save a life and help a victim start on the road to safety.
- Volunteer at your local domestic violence program. There are lots of things you can do in your community!
- Find out what’s on your local domestic violence program’s wish list, and organize a collection among your friends, neighbors or co-workers.
- If you are having a birthday, wedding or anniversary celebration, ask your guests to donate to PCADV or your local domestic violence program instead of bringing gifts.
- Invite someone from your local domestic violence program to speak at your church, service club or workplace.
- Carry the number of the National Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) in your wallet in case you meet someone who needs it.
- Get brochures from your local domestic violence program, and place them in lounges and rest rooms at your workplace, gym, and place of worship.
- Organize a fundraiser for PCADV (contact firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local domestic violence program.
- Ask candidates for public office and elected representatives how they plan to address the crime of domestic violence in your community.
- Donate to our work today! Your online donation or mailed check makes a difference.
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.